You are ready to put your home on the market. Living in your home while it's on the market can be quite different than everyday living in it. Unfortunately, part of selling your home will probably at some point inconvenience you and your family no matter how you look at it. You have to be able to work around appointments where your home is being shown to potential buyers which means you will probably have to have a plan to prepare for showings. It is important to find a balance between living in and selling your home to make the whole process easier on you and your family.Just because your home is on the market, doesn't mean you have to stop living. You just have to alter the way you do things, especially when there are children involved. If you don't normally live by the "everything has a place and everything in its place" rule, living in a "staged" home can be challenging at first. Here are a few guidelines that will help you prepare for a showing, while making it stress-free for you and your family.
1. Always hang up coats and backpacks after coming inside.
2. Take shoes off at the door so mud and dirt stay off your floors.
3. Designate one drawer in the kitchen for all your mail, paperwork, etc. so that you can keep your counters and tables clutter free.
5. Downsize on toys so there's not a lot to pick up. Buying functional totes to store away the extras is ideal but it is important not to overwhelm areas with too many storage boxes. Sometimes the promise of a new toy for the new house, might be the easiest solution to attacking the toy pile.
6. Laundry can be a tough challenge to manage at the best of times but by buying an attractive laundry bin or two, you can hide the work until you are able to tackle it.
7. Keep a Swiffer mop handy to clean up hard floor surfaces and to do a quick dust around the house to freshen it up.
The best way to function during this process is to get a routine down that will help you and your family stay ahead of the game. Life still goes on and you'll still have to figure out ways to empty the dishwasher or make sure everyone makes their beds every morning. Those are just things you have to keep on top of to make sure that your home shows at its best.
If you're ready to prepare your home for sale and ready to have it shown, give me and the Best Team a call and we will help you find the strategies you need to show and sell your home as quickly and for the best price possible.