There are many reasons why buyers look at buying during the holidays but there are just as many reasons for sellers to list. Here are 10 reasons why listing your home during the holidays could work for you:
1. People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and
less competition means possibly more revenue for you.
3. Since the supply of listings can dramatically increase in January, there
will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less funds
4. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays,
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to
pay your listing price.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do
during a working week.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
8. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings
during the six or seven days during the holidays!
9. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing
or extended occupancy until early next year.
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer
during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money.
This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
There are just a few reasons for you to jump into the market. If you think the holidays might be ideal for selling your home, give me a call and we can get you set for the season. This might just be a very Merry Christmas for you.