Thinking of selling your home? They say first impressions are very important and that holds true with selling your home as well. Buyers are looking for the best home for the best price so a home for sale can easily slip through the cracks if it's not in pristine condition. Here are the top 10 tips for having your home ready to sell:
1. Improve your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. You want it to show at its best so take the time to mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden, rake up leaves and plant flowers.
2. Clean the outside. An unkept exterior will make potential Buyers think you've slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home's siding.
3. Make repairs. In a Buyer's market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage Buyers and have them moving onto the next available property.
4. Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so Buyers can see them from the curb.
5. Buy a new welcome mat. Simple as that. Let Buyers know they're invited into your home.
6. Remove clutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit or find another storage area outside of the home for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
7. Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn't have enough storage space.
8. Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
9. Take color down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may be overwhelming to potential Buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of Buyers.
10. Eliminate bad odors. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers or baking a batch of cookies.
Now that you have your home in tiptop shape, give the Best Team a call to get the Best results...SOLD!